Harvestable organics, ranging from creature components (fluits, tissues, flesh, and bones) to plant matter (from roots, leaves, fruits, mosses, mushrooms, to other unusual or unique organics). Collected by using [Forage], [Nature], and ocassionally [Awareness], these ingredients can be utilized in [Cooking] to create short term consumable restoratives, or as part of applying the [Heal] skill.
Whether you’re preparing a fine meal to impress the respected members of a sanctuary, cooking up a well-earned meal after a great hunt, or scavenging for scraps to just stay alive, the cooking skill is there for you.
When you want cook, you must declare what you want to make, and spend the requisite ingredients.
Create Energy Snacks (3 ingredients | Cook )
- Fortune: Create 3 consumables that you can distribute to your allies. When consumed, each recovers either 2 health or 3 energy.
- Temperance: Create 2 consumables that you can distribute to your allies. When consumed, each recovers either 1 health or 2 energy.
- Judgement: Create 2 consumables that recovers 1 energy, and one will have actions cost +1 energy for two rounds.
Note for Narrators: Assuming that players are not abusing the existing systems, you could waive the need for tracking ingredients. That said, to prevent potential abuses with the [Heal] skill, we recommend that characters can only benefit from [Heal] a number of times per scene equal to their Grit score.
Also, it’s worth pointing out that we’re not intending the ingredients to be used as a rationing-survival system.
Ingredients can be used to apply the heal skill.
Heal (+1 energy & 2 ingredients | Action | Heal | Range 0)
Take a moment to apply aid to yourself or your allies.
- Fortune: Pick one of the options below: you may distribute the Energy and/or Health between yourself and one other ally in your tile.
- Heal 3 Health
- Heal 5 Energy
- Heal 2 Health and 3 Energy
- Temperance: Pick one of the options below: you may distribute the Energy and/or Health between either yourself or one other ally in your tile; Consequence.
- Heal 2 Health
- Heal 3 Energy
- Heal 1 Health and 2 Energy
- Judgement: Either you or an ally in your tile, heal 1 energy; Consequence.